Monday, September 17, 2012

Dinner was good

Cornbread Stuffing - I made this up as I went so it's a work in progress, but I have to say it was good!

2 slices bacon
1/2 c. red onion, diced
1/2 c. celery, diced
1 c. tart apple, diced
2 c. cubed cornbread
1/4 c. milk
Chopped fresh herbs
Sea salt

Fry bacon until crispy.  Set aside to drain and reserve grease.  Fry onion, celery, and apple until tender in 1 tbs bacon grease.  In a bowl, toss together cornbread and sauteed vegetables with apple.  Add milk, fresh herbs (I used thyme and oregano because that's what I had) crumbled bacon slices, and a pinch of sea salt.  Bake in chicken.

I prepped the chicken with some bacon grease and a simple rub of sea salt, thyme, and oregano.  I added chopped potatoes, turnips, garlic, pearl onions, and carrots to the pan and salted these.  I roasted the whole thing for 1 hr at 375 then 20 minutes at 300.

Dan made a salad with grilled corn, chopped kale, basil, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese with a tiny bit of leftover dressing from lunch.  The whole meal was awesome.


1 comment:

Please comment below!